Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Going Back 2 Old School


After a long day of work on a cold Monday night, my partner in crime and I decided to grab a few cold ones. A few being 2 drinks each. Five minutes in, and we're pounding away our 2nd drink, it's time to call it a night and get ready for Tuesday.

"What the heck, lets grab 1 more!"

BOOMMBB

An idea came up. I had to write it down, so I grabbed a couple of napkins. No Mac, no Adobe, no Wacom. Just some good o' napkins and the red pen I had in my pocket. In about 3 minutes, we accomplished 3 layouts.

"Another round please."

We decided to go get some air. LA is a crazy town. Saw an angry guy trying to pick a fight with 4 Wannabehardcorethugs in the car behind him. Saw a guy riding his road bike up and down the same street and a woman at the corner, or was it a man? No definitely a woman (Shes a Talent Agent--WATCH OUT HollywoodLand). Anyhoo, I think we just came up with another concept. We go back in. Ben writes it down as I sketch it out.

"Another round please."

So much for 2 cold ones, we might as well order some dinner. By the way, if you're ever at the Village Idiot, do yourself a favor and order the half chicken.

The place is really starting to fill up. The Drunken Ethnic Creature next to us wanted to be fed a cherry. No Thanks said Ben. DING... yes, at first I thought it was my chicken, but no I just smelled another concept. Our dinner has arrived.

"Another round please."

12 drinks, 3 campaign concepts, 9 layouts, 2 meals later, we decided to call it a night.

I love you old school advertising. Lets do it again sometimes.

2 comments: